Thank you for your purchase from Blackgunstuff.com.
NEVER ATTEMPT TO WORK ON YOUR AR W/O 1ST UNLOADING THE FIREARM
TO INSTALL YOUR NEW SHORTY STOCK FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Separate the upper and lower then remove buffer and spring from A2 stock.
2) Remove the screw from the end of the A2 stock above the trap door(watch out for the small spring and roll pin that hold in the detent for the upper. ).
3) Unscsrew the buffer tube from the lower. You may need a crescent wrench to break the tube free, but it usually will come loose with pressure.
4) The retaining lock nut and plate are shipped in reverse order. Remove locking nut from shorty stock. Remove retaining plate. Replace locking nut and slide retainer over tube.
5) It is easier to install the tube if you remove the stock. Pull the adjustment lever straight away from the stock and the tube will slide out.
6) Screw in the new tube. Be careful not to cross thread. You will screw the new tube in until it covers approx. 1/2 of the buffer retaining pin. It is located in the lower and should have popped out when you unscrewed the old tube.
7) Slide the retainer up against the lower taking care not to crimp the detent spring mentioned above. Tighten the locking nut hand tight.
8) Reinstall the stock.
9) Insert new spring and buffer ( the M4 buffer and spring are not interchangable with the A2 spring and buffer. ).
10) Put the upper and lower back together. Cycle the rilfe by hand 2-3 times.
11) If you are satisfied with the fit and function of the new stock, tighten the locking nut with an ar armorers wrench ( or channel locks.)WATCH OUR INSTALLATION VIDEO